For self-employed individuals and small business owners, help can be harder to find.
“Flattening the curve” works as a method of mitigating the damage of a pandemic by reducing the strain on social systems by spreading the cases out over time, so they can be handled more effectively. This means that this situation takes a bit of time. We know it will. We don’t know how much, though.
What we know though is that SEO is a zero-sum game; your gains or losses are exactly balanced by the gains or losses of others in the SERPs.
SEO is a living, competitive space and if you’re not actively moving ahead, you’re falling behind.
We all know that others are going to panic and underestimate the impact of an emotional decision on their 6- to 12-month business horizon.
As they lose positions, you have the opportunity to push ahead and come out on top.
Here are some SEO & Marketing Tasks to Do NOW for a Faster Coronavirus Recovery:
Do a Mini-Audit of Your Content Assets
If you haven’t kept an inventory of your content assets to date, this is a great time to get started.
Create a new Google Sheet or Excel sheet and use one tab for each content-type:
- Blog posts.
- Articles you’ve published externally.
Now evaluate each piece with a critical eye.
- How old are they? If they are 6 months+, they can be repurposed.
- How many words are there in the posts? If less than 300, you can merge a couple of them together.
- Are there internal links to each other?
- Is there a CTA?
Get Recording Videos
For SEO, videos are the type of content with the biggest potential.
An ideal format I would recommend in this phase is:
- Start from a Facebook Live video – your whole audience will be notified immediately. Make it a regular appointment, if possible;
- Download the mp4;
- Upload it to your other social media, particularly on YouTube, the second most important search engine, which belongs to Google.
- If possible, add subtitles.
- Then upload the mp4 file into a tool like ai and you’ll get a transcript that you just have to make less colloquial.
- Then make an article out of it and embed the video in it to make it even more SEO effective!
Work on Your Online Reviews
- This is the time to ask for reviews to your clients. They are at home like you are, they have time. We are all in this together.
- Stay next to your customers showing them you care about them and are looking forward to working with them again: answer their reviews.
Write Guest Blogs – get visibility and backlinks
Show your site some love
Make sure you optimise your site in all the most important aspects of it:
- Images (size, titles),
- meta descriptions,
Please let me know if you have any comments, questions or feedback at [email protected].
Happy to have a personalised consultation with anyone who wishes.
Silvia Del Corso has been working as an SEO Specialist for nearly a decade, helping small business owners get their websites found better on Google for keywords that drive them targeted traffic to their websites.