Steve Morgan is an SEO Consultant with over 10 years Online Marketing Experience. In 2019 he published “Anti-Sell: Marketing, Lead Generation and Networking Tips for Freelancers Who Hate Sales”. In this episode, Ed learns more about Steve’s freelancing experience that lead him to write this book, as well as explore a few of the nuggets contained within it. Enjoy.
Hi! I’m Steve, here’s some bullet-points about me:
- I’ve worked in SEO since 2009 – initially (mostly) in agencies, I went freelance in mid-2013.
- In addition to the Anti-Sell blog, I also have a long-standing SEO blog (SEOno) and I used to contribute to State of Digital (a popular global digital marketing blog).
- I’ve run an SEO meetup – Cardiff SEO Meet – since 2016.
- I like doing public speaking! Highlights include brightonSEO (twice) and Freelance Heroes Day. See also: webinar and podcast interviews.
- I wrote and self-published a book – Anti-Sell – in March 2019.
- Hobbies include: RPG video games (especially Final Fantasy and Skyrim), Dungeons & Dragons (both as a player and as a Dungeon Master), and Pokémon Go.
- Favourite bands include: The Wildhearts, Rocket From The Crypt, and The National. I’m also hugely into J-rock (Japanese rock) at the moment. See my listening habits on Last.fm.